Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Off To the USS Midway, Old Town and The Harbor Cruise

This was not apart of the USS Midway but as you looked off of the ship it was right there. The USS Midway was really neat. The kids were wore out and did not want much to do with it. Seeing how Jared had been there before he let me tour the ship. I loved it. Wow is all I have to say. The who thing was really amazing.


It was a bit windy on the flight deck.

Jared and the kids were not with me and I had no idea what happened to them. That was until this cute little girl game out of the helicopter. It took me a second to register that she was mine. Tyler was fast asleep on Jared's lap while in the helicopter. Poor Jared. It was pretty uncomfortable.
This was a part of the harbor Cruise. We hit the Cruise at the right time and got to do a sunset one. Very Beautiful.

We got to go along the Navy base and see a ton of ships. At every certain time of the day a trumpet plays while the flags are taken down and folded with care. It is known as the flag ceremony. It was really neat to see this and be there.

This here is the 7th largest hospital in the world. Even better that it is apart of the Navy fleet.

This is a battle ship being built. Pretty intriguing to see.

I don't know what bridge this is but it was beautiful in the sun set.

This was apart of a Pirate museum. We did not do it but the ships were right there. Wow.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Looks like such a fun trip! Crazy that hospital is a ship! Never seen that. I wish that San Diego was closer to us!

Mike and Kris said...

How neat to be able to see all those ships and such a beautiful sun set!! And I LOVE the pics of your cute kids in your header!! Seriously they look like best friends and are adorable!! And...I need some advice! We are going to California in April, what was worth it and what would you not do next time...Dallas will almost be 1.Again-your kids are stinkin cute!!