Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Joys of Having Family Over


My In-Laws, Niki and Kay came to visits us this past week and we had so much fun.
We first headed up to Nauvoo Illinois to see the Nauvoo pageant. we spent 2 days here and I wish we would of stayed 3.


Just before the pageant they did a little fair, which was so fun. Once the pageant started they had a parade that lead you to the pageant.



We got to go and see the "Sunset on the Mississippi". It was amazing and the kids loved it the whole time. Raquel even danced half the time.
Tyler got upset that Daddy was not dancing with him.

This is the printing shop. Raquel just loved being right next to who ever was doing the tour.

Here is the bakery. I took this picture with my back up against the wall. That is how small this bakery was.












This is the spot where the pioneers crossed the Mississippi.


Here Joseph Smith is pointing the way to Brigham Young.



Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith. This is right across the street from the front of the Nauvoo Temple. It was a pretty neat thing to see when you walk out.

View from the front of the Temple.


After we got back form Nauvoo we went to the Cardinals game. Jared got us Suite tickets. It was nice to be served dinner and have a place to sit while we waited 2 hours for the rain to stop.







We did the Carthage Jail before we headed home too. The pictures are just out of order.



That hole in the door is the original hole from the gun shot that killed Hyrum.







This is the window Joseph fell from.
Hyrum, Joseph, and Emma's graves.

Joseph Sr and Lucy Smith's graves.

We also went to the St. Louis Arch and did a steam boat Cruise up the Mississippi River.





Tricky Niki teaching Raquel how to cool down.



The Historical Court House.









Inside the arch looking down.





The tram that took us up was so small. This picture is litterally it.



This was used as their walk in freezer during the winter.







We had so much fun. Every time I look at these pictures I miss you guys. Well untill we meet again in December.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

How fun you got family to visit! You guys did so much stuff. We love Nauvoo. That steamboat ride looks cool.

Ashley said...

It was so fun. They rent it out for family reunions too.

Bethany said...

Looks like there's a lot of stuff to do in Missouri. Its so pretty there. Looks like Nauvoo has changed a lot since I was there last, which was before the Temple was built. I'm glad you had a lot of fun.

Bethany said...

Looks like there's a lot of stuff to do in Missouri. Its so pretty there. Looks like Nauvoo has changed a lot since I was there last, which was before the Temple was built. I'm glad you had a lot of fun.